Monday, August 23, 2010

couponing for the glory of God

I'm not a couponer. Believe me, I've tried. I look on those websites of people who faithfully coupon and save a ton of money. I would love to be able to cut my grocery bills in half the way that they do, but I just don't know how.

But look what's on my kitchen table this morning...
IMG_7243

Coupons. I'm trying again. Kyle and I have stripped down our budget to try and save money for mission trips and adoption. One of the areas where I'd like to cut back is groceries. I don't buy name brands. I only buy what we need. So the only other possible way for me to save money is to coupon. Kyle knows the struggle I've had with trying to learn how to coupon. I told him last night that this time will be different. I'm going to pray while I coupon that somehow God will be glorified through our family's use of coupons. I have a budget friendly cookbook that Kyle got me for my birthday. It talks about how to organize and use coupons effectively. We'll see how things go. I think the only way that this will work is by God's intervention on my behalf. In our weakness He is made strong- must apply to coupons, too, right?

1 comment:

  1. There's a link this morning on orgjunkie.com to a tutorial on coupon organizing that's really good. Also southernsavers.com is a GREAT website. It has how to get started tutorials. Start small or you will get overwhelmed! And if you don't shop at CVS, learn how and start shopping there.

    ReplyDelete